Illuminating the Dark with Sharon Zeugin
February 3 @ 8:00 am
Process and practice will be the focus in this 4-week, online calligraphy class.
Learn the lettering styles, the techniques to make your letters illuminate the black page.
Join us for Illuminating the Dark
with Sharon Zeugin (aka @sharzart)
Thursdays, February 3 – 24
9am PDT/12pm EDT
Link in Bio or visit:
In this course we will be:
• Exploring ways to develop a personal script using both handwriting and an informal, monoline Italic;
• Combining your own words with a script of your own;
• Expanding composition and design skills;
• Learning simple techniques for mixing gouache, using pastel to add color and design elements with your text;
• Creating a small pamphlet book or “broadside” page of your own haiku.
While we will have a project (haiku book or broadside) goal in mind, we’ll celebrate practice pages as much as a finished product.
This workshop is presented by Heather Martinez. For further information, please contact her at email@example.com